Knowledge and skills:
During Year 3 & Year 4 the children learn to:
- describe events from the past using dates when things happened;
- use a timeline within a specific period of history to set out the order that things may have happened;
- use their mathematical knowledge to work out how long ago events happened;
- explain some of the times when Britain has been invaded
- use research skills to find answers to specific historical questions;
- research in order to find similarities and differences between two or more periods of history.
- plot events on a timeline using centuries;
- use their mathematical skills to round up time differences into centuries and decades;
- explain how the lives of wealthy people were different from the lives of poorer people;
- explain how historic items and artefacts can be used to help build up a picture of life in the past;
- explain how an event from the past has shaped our life today;
- research two versions of an event and explain how they differ;
- research what it was like for children in a given period of history and present my findings to an audience.