In the event of a school closure due to weather, widespread illness or any other factor, information will be provided using the following channels:
- a text will be sent out using the school's message service - please ensure that the school office has your latest contact details to help us to do this
- a message will be posted on the scrolling banner on the home page of this website
- the Gloucestershire Closed Schools website will be notified. This can be access via the link below:
In the case of heavy snow, will will make the decision to close the school as early as possible in order to give families the maximum notice possible. We will attempt to open the school as far as is possible, but we consider the following factors when making such an important decision:
- Can staff get to work safely?
- Is the heating on and the toilets/ water working?
- Are we likely to put pupils in danger by asking them to come in?
- Can we be sure that staff and pupils will be able to get home again safely?