During the key stage, pupils should be taught knowledge, skills and understanding through learning about Christians, Muslims, Hindus and Jews. Pupils may also encounter other religions and worldviews (including non-religious worldviews) in thematic units.
Key questions for Years 5 and 6:
1. What does it mean if Christians believe God is holy and loving?
2. Creation and science: conflicting or complementary?
3. Why do Christians believe Jesus was the Messiah?
4. How do Christians decide how to live? "What would Jesus do"?
5. What do Christians believe Jesus did to "save" people?
6. For Christians, what kind of king is Jesus?
7. Why do Hindus want to be good?
8. What does it mean to be a Muslim in Britain today?
9. Why is the Torah so important to Jewish people?
10. What matters most to Humanists, Christians? (Christians and non-religious, with opportunities to study other faiths studied)
11. Why do some people believe in God and some people not? (Christians, non-religious)
12. How does faith help people when life gets hard? (Christians and/or Jews and/or Hindus, non- religious)