In Reception class, children should encounter Christianity and other faiths as part of their growing sense of self, their own community and their place within it.
Three units below focus on Christianity, and the others include opportunities to encounter Christians, Hindus, Jews and Muslims, as well as non-religious responses and ways of living.
Six units are provided. Schools should teach at least four of these.
1. Why is the word "God" so important to Christians?
2. Why is Christmas special for Christians?
3. Why is Easter special for Christians?
4. Being special: where do we belong?
5. Which places are special and why?
6. Which stories are special and why?