Knowledge and skills:
During Year 1 & Year 2 the children learn to:
- make their body curled, tense, stretched and relaxed;
- control their body when travelling and balancing;
- copy sequences and repeat them;
- roll, curl, travel and balance in different ways.
- copy actions;
- repeat actions and skills;
- move with control and care;
- use equipment safely.
- use hitting, kicking and/or rolling in a game;
- decide the best place to be during a game;
- use one tactic in a game;
- follow rules.
- plan and perform a sequence of movements;
- improve my sequence based on feedback;
- think of more than one way to create a sequence which follows some “rules”;
- work on my own and with a partner.
- copy and remember actions;
- talk about what is different from what they did and what someone else did.