During the key stage, pupils should be taught knowledge, skills and understanding through learning about Christians, Muslims and Jews. Pupils may also encounter other religions and worldviews in thematic units, where appropriate.
Key questions for Years 1 & 2:
1. What do Christians believe God is like?
2. Who do Christians say made the world?
3. Why does Christmas matter to Christians?
4. What is the "good news" Christians believe Jesus brings?
5. Why does Easter matter to Christians?
6. Who is a Muslim and how do they live?
7. Who is Jewish and how do they live?
8. What makes some places sacred to believers?
9. How should we care for others and the world, and why does it matter?
10. What does it mean to belong to a faith community?