We were delighted to receive an award from Gloucestershire Music this week in the form of the new Music Mark, which recognises schools’ commitment to providing a broad music curriculum to pupils. Nick Steel, head of Gloucestershire Music, presented the award to us during our Wednesday assembly – we are one of only twenty out of the 270 schools in the county who have achieved this award. Music provision at Kingswood includes:
- An engaging music curriculum throughout the school in curriculum time
- 20 weeks of whole class brass tuition for our Y5&6 class
- Our Y3&4s learning samba percussion/ ukulele over a two year rolling programme
- 40 out of 63 KS2 children learning an instrument from our visiting teachers of brass, guitar, violin, flute and music tech
- Chances for children to perform within school, as well as part of the Wotton Schools concert each May.